Waipio Peninsula Soccer Complex
From WAIKIKI to the Waipio Sports Complex:
1. Take any one way street leading towards the hills (north) from Waikiki Beach to Ala Wai Boulevard. Ala Wai Blvd is one way west. Turn onto Ala Wai Blvd. Stay on Ala Wai Blvd to McCully Street. (Look for first bridge on the right side) Take McCully Street (right turn) to the north, towards the hills, going south will return you to Waikiki. Stay in left lane till you cross overpass for Interstate H-1 freeway. Signs will direct you to H-1 westbound.
2. Take Kuhio Avenue or Kalakaua Avenue eastward (toward
Diamond Head) to Kapahulu Avenue. Turn north on Kapahulu Avenue and follow
Kapahulu Avenue to H-1 westbound.
3. Once on H-1 west bound, stay in MIDDLE lane or second
lane from the left. Just beyond the Highway 63 (Likelike Highway) exit, H-1
will split. The right lane will have a choice of H-1 or Highway 78 (Moanalua
Freeway). Both routes will get you to the fields. A slightly quicker way
to get to the fields is via Highway 78. Eventually Highway 78 will merge back
into H-1. Just prior to the merge, you will see the brown-colored steel Aloha
stadium ahead and to the left. If you are on Highway 78, stay in MIDDLE lane
over Red Hill and past Halawa Valley. Note the speed cameras on the
overpasses. Just beyond the Halawa exit, Highway 78 merges into H-1.
4. If you are on H-1 instead of Highway 78, do not panic. Stay on H-1, go past the Airport exit, and keep heading west. You will merge with traffic from Highway 78 just after the Aiea exit.
5. Once the two highways merge, stay in the 2nd lane from
the right on H-1. You should exit the freeway at EXIT 8B called Waipahu Exit.
Stay in the left curving lane. Note the signs to the Waipio Soccer fields.
Turn left at the first traffic light. This will be the Waipio Point Access
Road. Follow this road to the Waipio Soccer Complex.
Return to WAIKIKI from Waipio Sports Complex:
1. Exit from the soccer complex and take the first right lane. Stay in right lane and exit onto a merger roadway towards H-1 eastbound. Once exited, you have a choice of either H-1 eastbound or Highway 78 eastbound to get back to Waikiki. Either one will get you back to Waikiki.
2. Once you have merged with Highway 78 traffic again or vice versa, and after driving for about 11 miles and a curve to the right, look for Highway 63 (Likelike Highway) signs. You are in Honolulu. Go past Likelike exit. Stay on H-1 to either the Punahou exit (exit 23) - first along, or the King Street exit (25A) - farther along.
3. Exit 23 Make right turn on Punahou Street. Stay in 2nd lane from the right. Make right turn onto Beretania, stay in left lane. Turn left at next traffic light. Make left onto Kalakaua Ave. This will take you into Waikiki. At the 5th or 6th traffic light, look for Hard Rock Cafe on the left and the convention center will be on your right. Stay on Kalakaua and find your hotel. Exit 25A Stay in the right lane and cross the intersection with Kapiolani Boulevard. Market City will be on the right side. Stay in the right lane and the the right lane will turn right into Kapahulu Avenue. Stay in the right lane into Waikiki. Six traffic signals will get you to Ala Wai Boulevard. The Waikiki Fire Station will be on your left. You may turn right at the Ala Wai Boulevard or the next street Kuhio St. that goes right thru Waikiki. Find your hotel.
FOR MORE INFO: email@example.com
If YOU GET LOST, PLEASE CALL (808) 383-9470.